Ely hypnotherapy expert calls for more effective action on stress and anxiety levels
- Credit: Archant
Award winning hypnotherapy expert Dan Regan is calling for more action to be taken to combat anxiety and stress after new figures revealed 9.9 million lost work days from anxiety, stress and depression.
Mr Regan, who is based in Ely, wants public and private businesses to do more to support staff before anxiety and stress become an issue.
His call comes after data published by the Health & Safety Executive from the 2015 Labour Force Survey, showed number of working days lost to stress, anxiety and depression accounted for 43 per cent of all working days lost due to ill health.
This rate has remained broadly unchanged for more than a decade.
Mr Regan said: “The fact that the data shows that anxiety and stress levels have been broadly similar for more than a decade shows existing national and local initiatives are failing to benefit those who need the support most.
“I would call upon business and authorities to reassess their approach or risk harming more and more people every year. This is an ongoing problem that isn’t going to go away all by itself without more effective action being taken.”
According to the Survey, the main work factors cited by respondents as causing work related stress, depression or anxiety were workload pressures, including tight deadlines and too much responsibility and a lack of managerial support.
- 1 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
- 2 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
- 3 Villagers can be proud says school head as Ofsted gives thumbs up
- 4 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
- 5 See inside this Grade II listed former pub with self-contained annexe
- 6 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 7 Three brass instruments worth £20k stolen from church
- 8 'Energy and hope' on the agenda for new Ely mayor
- 9 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree arrives at Ely Cathedral
- 10 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Cambridgeshire
Mr Regan added: “It is very likely that official figures are underestimated as many people tell me they continue to struggle on in silence. I would urge anyone who is currently struggling with anxiety or stress, whether or not they are employed, to seek professional and effective support as soon as possible.”
Free stress and anxiety relief support and advice to help people, including a free anxiety relief audio, are available from Mr Regan’s website www.danreganhypnotherapy.co.uk