Ely hypnotherapy expert calls for more effective action on stress and anxiety levels
- Credit: Archant
Award winning hypnotherapy expert Dan Regan is calling for more action to be taken to combat anxiety and stress after new figures revealed 9.9 million lost work days from anxiety, stress and depression.
Mr Regan, who is based in Ely, wants public and private businesses to do more to support staff before anxiety and stress become an issue.
His call comes after data published by the Health & Safety Executive from the 2015 Labour Force Survey, showed number of working days lost to stress, anxiety and depression accounted for 43 per cent of all working days lost due to ill health.
This rate has remained broadly unchanged for more than a decade.
Mr Regan said: “The fact that the data shows that anxiety and stress levels have been broadly similar for more than a decade shows existing national and local initiatives are failing to benefit those who need the support most.
You may also want to watch:
“I would call upon business and authorities to reassess their approach or risk harming more and more people every year. This is an ongoing problem that isn’t going to go away all by itself without more effective action being taken.”
According to the Survey, the main work factors cited by respondents as causing work related stress, depression or anxiety were workload pressures, including tight deadlines and too much responsibility and a lack of managerial support.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 4 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 5 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 6 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 7 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 10 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph
Mr Regan added: “It is very likely that official figures are underestimated as many people tell me they continue to struggle on in silence. I would urge anyone who is currently struggling with anxiety or stress, whether or not they are employed, to seek professional and effective support as soon as possible.”
Free stress and anxiety relief support and advice to help people, including a free anxiety relief audio, are available from Mr Regan’s website www.danreganhypnotherapy.co.uk