Meet transgender Melanie at Ely Humanists event
- Credit: Archant
Transgender Melanie will be sharing her experiences of transition at Ely Humanist’s monthly meeting.
"I'm Mel and I'm a Transsexual" will be held at Ely Library this Saturday (February 15) from 10am to 11.30am. Entry is £2.
You don't need to be a Humanist to attend as this is open to everyone who might be interested in learning more.
February is LGBT History Month and Mel's talk will look at transgender terminology, science, history, politics, and law, in the context of her own transition.
A spokesperson for Ely Humanists, said: "The reality is there is a huge amount of misinformation out there, stoking real fears about imaginary issues.
You may also want to watch:
"It is hoped that the talk will dispel myths and allow people to meet and discuss issues with a 'real transsexual' in a calm environment."
Mel will be happy to answer any questions.
- 1 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 2 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 6 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 7 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
For more information visit https://ely.humanist.org.uk/about-us/ or on Facebook at Ely Humanists or Twitter.