Team 'work since dawn' to decorate high street
- Credit: VISIT ELY
As shops, cafes, pubs and restaurants prepare to welcome customers from next week, Ely's high street has been given a colourful lift.
Crews from ITV Anglia were in the city this morning to film the bright orange, green, yellow and red bunting being hoisted up high.
With a blue sky backdrop and the sun shining down to mark the occasion, tourism and town centre manager Anna Bennett said it was "a very exciting day".
Anna, who organised the bunting project, said the City of Ely Council estates team "worked literally since dawn" decorating Ely High Street and Forehill.
"I'm thrilled to see it all coming together," she added, "and I'd like to say a huge thank you to Grovemere Property and Warren Access for their support and sponsorship.
You may also want to watch:
"Ely is now getting ready for re-opening and welcoming back our community and visitors.
"From Monday April 12, Ely’s wonderful shops, salons and outdoor dining venues can finally open.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 3 Outcry over new road which will pass through woodland
- 4 Tyler Goodjohn ready to enter lion's den in world title bid
- 5 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 6 COLUMN: 'Expansion' the future for Ely rowing club
- 7 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 8 Motorcycle firm gearing up to show off lockdown project
- 9 Elections 2021: What will happen when you cast your vote
- 10 Letters: How could we afford 120 police officers for boat race?
"A few weeks later, May 17, all our attractions will also open with lots of new and exciting things to see and do."