Ely Hereward Rotary Club raise £1,500 for charity with the help of Abba ReBjörn at The Maltings
- Credit: Archant
Ely danced to the sound of ABBA at The Maltings – and raised more than £1,500 for charities and good causes.
A sell-out audience filled the venue on Saturday as top tribute band Abba ReBjörn performed.
The show, organised by the Ely Hereward Rotary Club and supported by many local businesses, also featured a 70s disco.
Frank Connolly, of the club, said: “A packed Maltings saw most of the audience on their feet and dancing right through until midnight.
“The club estimates that the evening will have raised in excess of £1,500 for charities and good causes.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information about the club visit www.rotaryclubely-hereward.org
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 3 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 6 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 7 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 10 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody