Ely head teacher set to be ordained deacon at special ceremony at Cathedral
JAMES Hickish, head teacher at Ely St Mary’s Junior School, is to be ordained deacon by the Bishop of Ely, the Rt Revd Stephen Conway, at a special service in Ely Cathedral on Saturday.
James has been head teacher at the school for eight years and will continue in the role after his ordination alongside serving as a self-supporting minister in the Ely Team Ministry.
He studied Christian theology at the Eastern Region Ministerial Course.
James said: “It has been hard juggling the demands of the course, with a full time job and busy family life. I have had wonderful support from my school, parish, and of course my wife Bridget and the children.”
He added: “After ordination I intend to continue as head teacher, but in addition to this, to work to support parish and school links , and closer community outreach.”
You may also want to watch:
James will be eligible for ordination to the priesthood after serving as deacon for a year.
- 1 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 2 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- 3 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 4 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 5 Cash stolen and till broken in fourth break-in at Co-op store in four months
- 6 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 7 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 8 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 9 Superb acting, singing and dancing at KD Theatre musical
- 10 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby