Ely haulage company Potter Logistics celebrating national awards success
- Credit: Archant
Haulage business Potter Logistics, which has a distribution centre in Ely, has won a handful of national awards.
The firm, in its 50th year, was named Motor Transport Awards Haulier of the Year 2015. Then, at the UKWA Awards, colleagues were awarded Warehouse Manager of the Year, Young Employee of the Year and the Chairman’s Award.
Warehouse Manager of the Year was Scott Wallace, Young Employee of the Year was Joe Jackson part and the Chairman’s Award went to founder and executive chairman Derrick Potter.
The Motor Transport Awards judges said of Potter Logistics: “The company had put in a strong financial performance and had good control over all aspects of its business.
“It was a family business with a customer driven ethos, offered comprehensive training and took a flexible, innovative approach.”
You may also want to watch:
Matthew Lamb, Potter’s managing director, said: “Today has been a fantastic day for Potter Logistics, not only have we won the two awards at the UKWA awards but also winning Motor Transport Awards Haulier of the Year.
“These awards are recognised within the industry as the awards that confirm the professionalism and commitment of our staff who put the hard work into ensuring the highest of standards are kept.”
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 7 Prison escapees found with stolen £30,000 car thanks to quick-thinking neighbour
- 8 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 9 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 10 Rats are causing 'abhorrent situation' in town, admits councillor