Ely Guild of Woodturners to showcase their finest work at 11th Art in Wood exhibition
- Credit: Archant
Woodturners from across East Cambridgeshire will descend on Ely Cathedral to show off their finest wooden work this week.
The annual Art in Wood exhibition is to showcase dozens of carved creations put up for sale by the Ely Guild of Woodturners.
The annual exhibition, now in its 11th year, will run from Saturday August 20 until Monday August 29 and will offer up a host of hand-made goods such as bowls and statues.
A guild spokesman said: “Come and see the varied things we make, chat to the turners and look at our exhibition and sale rooms.
“Our thriving club has both lady and gentleman turners of all ages, and we have free tuition for beginners.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information, visit www,elycathedral.org.
- 1 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 2 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 6 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 7 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'