Ely Guild of Woodturners hands-on day at Little Thetford Village Hall
- Credit: Archant
Ever wondered what woodturning is all about? If you fancy having a go – for free - then head to the Ely Guild of Woodturners’ hands-on day this weekend.
Taking place at Little Thetford Village Hall this Saturday (April 13), skilled turners will demonstrate woodturning across six or so lathes and the guild is hoping to have a pyrography demo too.
The public is welcome and encouraged to come and have a go (or a “turn”), and this was received incredibly well last year.
The event, which runs from 10am to 4pm, is being organised by Simon Taggart, guild secretary.
The guild was formed in 1988 to provide a place for established woodturners and beginners alike to get together, learn and improve their skills.
You may also want to watch:
Many years later, the guild still meets up to pursue this aim and welcome new members of all abilities.
For more information visit www.elyguildofwoodturners.org.uk
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 3 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 4 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 5 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph
- 10 Labour backs calls for extra Covid-19 safety measures in schools