Ely Guild of Woodturners to hold annual ‘hands-on day’ at Little Thetford Village Hall
- Credit: Archant
The Ely Guild of Woodturners (EGW) is holding its annual ‘woodturning hands-on day’ at Little Thetford Village Hall on Saturday April 21.
“We are trying to make more people aware of this lovely craft, and hopefully appeal to young people too.
“Entry is free and the event, which runs from 10am until 4pm, is open to all who would like to see woodturning in action or have a go at it themselves.”
Free tea and coffee is also available at the taster day.
The Guild was formed in 1988 to provide a place for established woodturners and beginners to get together, learn and improve their skills.
It welcomes new members of all abilities.
The EGW meets on the first Wednesday of every month at 7pm at Little Thetford Village Hall, 5 The Wyches, Little Thetford
- 1 Pastor in freedom of speech and job fight over Pride tweet
- 2 Two food businesses closed after cockroach infestations found
- 3 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 4 Missing woman back home
- 5 Petition launched to save village pub
- 6 Pub company comes out fighting to keep controversial cuppa sign
- 7 College pupils bring School of Rock to life on stage
- 8 Father accused of baby daughter's murder gave her squash, court told
- 9 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told
- 10 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
Ely, Cambs, CB6 3HG.
The guild’s website has also had a revamp: www.elyguildofwoodturners.org.uk and the EGW can be followed on Twitter @ElyWoodturners.