Ely Guild of Woodturners to hold annual ‘hands-on day’ at Little Thetford Village Hall
- Credit: Archant
The Ely Guild of Woodturners (EGW) is holding its annual ‘woodturning hands-on day’ at Little Thetford Village Hall on Saturday April 21.
“We are trying to make more people aware of this lovely craft, and hopefully appeal to young people too.
“Entry is free and the event, which runs from 10am until 4pm, is open to all who would like to see woodturning in action or have a go at it themselves.”
Free tea and coffee is also available at the taster day.
The Guild was formed in 1988 to provide a place for established woodturners and beginners to get together, learn and improve their skills.
You may also want to watch:
It welcomes new members of all abilities.
The EGW meets on the first Wednesday of every month at 7pm at Little Thetford Village Hall, 5 The Wyches, Little Thetford
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 7 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 8 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 9 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 10 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
Ely, Cambs, CB6 3HG.
The guild’s website has also had a revamp: www.elyguildofwoodturners.org.uk and the EGW can be followed on Twitter @ElyWoodturners.