Ely Golfers Raise Money For Children's Charity
ELY City golfers raised nearly £13,500 for charity last year. Gentlemen s captain Bob Harker and ladies captain Marjorie Miller handed over a cheque for £13,421 to Sally Cassels, community fund-raiser for East Anglian Children s Hospices, earlier this
ELY City golfers raised nearly £13,500 for charity last year.
Gentlemen's' captain Bob Harker and ladies' captain Marjorie Miller handed over a cheque for £13,421 to Sally Cassels, community fund-raiser for East Anglian Children's Hospices, earlier this month.
Milton Hospice was the Ely Standard's charity of the year last year. Readers contributed more than £50,000 to the help families who have children with life-threatening illnesses.
Pic cap: From left to right are: Bob Harker, Sally Cassels and Marjorie Miller.
You may also want to watch:
Photo: HELEN DRAKE.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 3 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 4 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 5 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 6 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound
- 7 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 8 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 9 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 10 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4