Ely golfers are ‘On Par’ on charity fun day
- Credit: Archant
Ely On Par Golf Club and Driving Range held a charity golf and fun day in aid of the Alzheimer’s Society on Saturday.
Teaming up with Southgate Packaging, players swung their clubs as part of an 18-hole event, consisting of 12 teams.
The evening also hosted a raffle, stalls and other attractions, with the packaging firm supplying golf balls for the 'guess the number of balls' competition.
Graham Mawe, managing director at Ely On Par Golf Club, said: "The whole day went very well, blustery and a challenge for the golf, but overall a great day.
"We raised over £1,100 for the charity, with a £130 contribution from the Southgate balls."
You may also want to watch:
Alzheimer's Society is the only UK charity that campaigns for change, funds research to find a cure and supports people living with dementia today. Dementia is the UK's biggest killer whereby someone develops the disease every three minutes.
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 5 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 8 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 9 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 10 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'