Charity golf day in Ely raises £3,000 for Alzheimer’s Research UK
- Credit: Archant
An annual charity golf day held in Ely raised £3,000 for Alzheimer’s Research UK.
The fundraiser, which was organised by family-run financial advisers Absolute Sense, was held at Ely Golf Club.
The money will go towards Absolute Sense's chosen charity for 2019, which is Alzheimer's Research UK.
Holly Noon from the charity joined club members to talk about living with Alzheimer's. She brought along an interactive viewing device so players could experience what it is like for someone living with Alzheimer's.
The fundraising day was sponsored by Barclays bank and friends of the club donated to help raise as much money as possible.
You may also want to watch:
June Waggitt, office manager at Absolute Sense, said: "We would like to thank them and the players for supporting our event as they have in the past."
Visit www.elygolf.co.uk or call 01353 662751 for information about Ely Golf Club.
- 1 Outcry over new road which will pass through woodland
- 2 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 3 Tyler Goodjohn ready to enter lion's den in world title bid
- 4 You can now watch Ely Cathedral’s rare Peregrine Falcons live 24/7
- 5 'Dedicated' PCSO retires after 12 years amid force funding cuts
- 6 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 7 Motorcycle firm gearing up to show off lockdown project
- 8 Letters: How could we afford 120 police officers for boat race?
- 9 Government plans at-home tablet to 'stop the virus in its tracks'
- 10 COLUMN: 'Expansion' the future for Ely rowing club