Charity golf day in Ely raises £3,000 for Alzheimer’s Research UK
- Credit: Archant
An annual charity golf day held in Ely raised £3,000 for Alzheimer’s Research UK.
The fundraiser, which was organised by family-run financial advisers Absolute Sense, was held at Ely Golf Club.
The money will go towards Absolute Sense's chosen charity for 2019, which is Alzheimer's Research UK.
Holly Noon from the charity joined club members to talk about living with Alzheimer's. She brought along an interactive viewing device so players could experience what it is like for someone living with Alzheimer's.
The fundraising day was sponsored by Barclays bank and friends of the club donated to help raise as much money as possible.
You may also want to watch:
June Waggitt, office manager at Absolute Sense, said: "We would like to thank them and the players for supporting our event as they have in the past."
Visit www.elygolf.co.uk or call 01353 662751 for information about Ely Golf Club.
- 1 Man dies after falling from bridge on A14 between Histon and Milton
- 2 Photographer captures Ely Cathedral from above in stunning video
- 3 Police give out £200 penalty notices to day-trippers for second weekend running
- 4 Council leader under fire for 'culture of bullying' in wake of farmgate scandal
- 5 Rogue trader tells victim: 'I'll knock your lights out'
- 6 Delivery riders and drivers wanted as Deliveroo launches in Ely
- 7 Hickford QUITS ahead of damning report
- 8 My opinion on Fen Biosphere
- 9 Golf club urges locals and dog walkers to ‘respect our private land’
- 10 Popular Ely pub may never re-open