Charity golf day in Ely raises £3,000 for Alzheimer’s Research UK
- Credit: Archant
An annual charity golf day held in Ely raised £3,000 for Alzheimer’s Research UK.
The fundraiser, which was organised by family-run financial advisers Absolute Sense, was held at Ely Golf Club.
The money will go towards Absolute Sense's chosen charity for 2019, which is Alzheimer's Research UK.
Holly Noon from the charity joined club members to talk about living with Alzheimer's. She brought along an interactive viewing device so players could experience what it is like for someone living with Alzheimer's.
The fundraising day was sponsored by Barclays bank and friends of the club donated to help raise as much money as possible.
You may also want to watch:
June Waggitt, office manager at Absolute Sense, said: "We would like to thank them and the players for supporting our event as they have in the past."
Visit www.elygolf.co.uk or call 01353 662751 for information about Ely Golf Club.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 3 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 4 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 5 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 6 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 7 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 8 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 9 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 10 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound