Ghostly walks around Ely to return this Halloween
- Credit: Archant
Tales of scandal, death and horror on Ely’s medieval streets will be part of popular ghost walks in the run up to Halloween.
Back by popular demand, the walks allow visitors to meet some of the ghosts that reside within the medieval city.
New to our ghost programme this year, Visit Ely has expanded its haunted tours to include an additional Riverside Ghost Tour.
Partnering with Ely’s riverside cruiser, tours begin with a guided walk down to the riverside where visitors can then embark on the Liberty Belle to hear the tales of Ely’s waterside and experience the eerie atmosphere of life on the water after dark.
Tracey Harding, Visit Ely’s Manager, said: “Our Ghost Tours are legendary and have always proved very popular with locals and visitors alike.
You may also want to watch:
“We are delighted to be working with the Liberty Belle to extend this year’s ghost programme. A variety of dates are available for public tours and private bookings can also be arranged.”
Tickets for all tours must be pre-booked. For online bookings, visit www.olivercromwellshouse.co.uk or contact the Tourist Information Centre on 01353 662062.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser
- 10 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens