Ely mother and daughter star on BBC’s The One Show to raise money for Children in Need
- Credit: Archant
A mother and daughter from Ely appeared on BBC’s The One Show dressed in Pudsey Bear onesies to raise money for Children in Need.
Childminder Sue Smith and her daughter Lara Smith were in the audience at the popular talk show last night (November 7).
The pair met presenters Michelle Ackerley and Ore Oduba who were keen to support them raise as much money as possible for charity.
Sue will teaming up with adventure play centre Treetops in Ely next Thursday (November 14) - where all entrance fees by childminders will go to Children in Need to help disadvantaged children.
The morning will include play, free party food and a raffle by Sue Smith of Ely of various Take That goodies - which has seen around £120 has been raised so far.
You may also want to watch:
The main raffle will be held on the day, tickets now on sale at Treetops.
This is a morning exclusive to childminders and their children they look after, with Treetop doors opening to the public from 1pm.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 3 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 4 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 5 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 6 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 7 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 8 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 9 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
- 10 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
Childminders can book for their children to take part by contacting Sue on email@example.com