Ely mother and daughter star on BBC’s The One Show to raise money for Children in Need
- Credit: Archant
A mother and daughter from Ely appeared on BBC’s The One Show dressed in Pudsey Bear onesies to raise money for Children in Need.
Childminder Sue Smith and her daughter Lara Smith were in the audience at the popular talk show last night (November 7).
The pair met presenters Michelle Ackerley and Ore Oduba who were keen to support them raise as much money as possible for charity.
Sue will teaming up with adventure play centre Treetops in Ely next Thursday (November 14) - where all entrance fees by childminders will go to Children in Need to help disadvantaged children.
The morning will include play, free party food and a raffle by Sue Smith of Ely of various Take That goodies - which has seen around £120 has been raised so far.
The main raffle will be held on the day, tickets now on sale at Treetops.
This is a morning exclusive to childminders and their children they look after, with Treetop doors opening to the public from 1pm.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 'Gas engineer' reportedly stole two phones and a purse in Haddenham
- 3 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
- 4 Inferno BBQ to be occupied by sister company Forbidden Burger Co
- 5 Village café battles Covid-19 delays to raise over £1,700
- 6 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
- 7 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 8 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 9 Cambridge: Police officer had surgery after sex offender drove car at them
- 10 Village toasts Queen's Platinum Jubilee with a memorable touch
Childminders can book for their children to take part by contacting Sue on firstname.lastname@example.org