Ely fundraiser Steve to tackle charity cycle ride for EACH
- Credit: Archant
An Ely man is to take to his bicycle to raise funds for East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices (EACH).
Steve Sharp, who helped bring in £4,000 last year as part of an Ely City Golf Club group that tackled the Three Peaks Challenge, will ride 65 miles as part of EACH’s new Ride for Life.
Steve said: “I try to keep fairly fit and enjoy a challenge, although I’ve never cycled more than 25 miles in one go before! I’ll be doing lots of training around Ely in the weeks leading up to the day.”
Ride for Life starts on September 29 and runs over three days. Cyclists can choose to cycle the full 200 miles or, like Steve, sign up for a day. He’ll take on the challenge on October 1.
Entry for a day is £50, with a minimum sponsorship of £150 per person. Entry for all three days is £200, with a minimum sponsorship of £300 per person. Dinner, bed and breakfast is included.
You may also want to watch:
• For more information, visit www.each.org.uk/rideforlife or call 01953 666767.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 3 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 4 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 5 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 6 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 7 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 8 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 9 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 10 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound