Ely for Europe rally to take place in the city next month
- Credit: Archant
A rally will be held in Ely for a public vote on the final Brexit deal next month.
The East Anglia People's Vote rally in Ely will start at 2pm on Saturday September 7 at The Lighthouse Auditorium on Lynn Road.
The Ely for Europe group, made up of members from the city and surrounding towns and villages, will be at the forefront of the rally.
Guest speakers will include Lord Richard Balfe, Else Kvist, researcher and journalist at The New European, Lucy Nethsingha MEP, Femi Oluwole, Our Future Our Choice, Catherine Rowett MEP and Kate Willoughby, writer, performer, and campaigner.
Tickets to the event will cost £3, which sparked comments on the Ely for Europe Facebook page.
Organisers said it was due to only getting confirmation it was going ahead earlier this month, leaving it too late to apply for permission for an outdoor event.
One member commented: "Good luck, everyone. So grateful for everyone who puts him/herself out to fight for our place in the EU."
- 1 'He saved my life' - Karolina thanks optician after spotting unknown brain tumour
- 2 Two suffer serious injuries after A10 crash
- 3 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 4 Motorcyclist in serious condition after A142 tractor crash
- 5 Cyclist in hospital with life-threatening injuries after crash
- 6 Family banned from turning garage into dining room
- 7 Bank cards, electrical items and jewellery stolen in burglary
- 8 Cricket club's bid to be 'loud and proud' thanks to new ground
- 9 Surgery’s renovation project takes next step forward
- 10 Man subjected to 'unprovoked attack' at village pavilion
For more information visit www.eventbrite.co.uk and search Ely People's Vote Rally.