Ely Foodbank trolley dash through Waitrose thanks to Ely Hereward Rotary Club
- Credit: Archant
Staff at Ely Foodbank were given £300 to ‘shop till they drop’ by members of the Ely Hereward Rotary Club.
The money was donated to provide much-needed stock following the cold weather and snowfall.
The Ely Foodbank has seen an increase of around 14 per cent in users this winter, as people struggle with the cold weather and higher heating bills, stopping them from putting food on the table.
The Ely Hereward Rotary Club used money they raised during their Christmas activities to help the foodbank provide their help to people in need.
Amy Lorimer and Jodie Thoday of the foodbank joined members of Hereward, filling up with items like coffee, long life milk, tinned products and pasta sauces.
You may also want to watch:
Amy said: “This is such a generous gift from Hereward Rotary and we thank them for their interest and support in our work.”
The Hereward Rotary Club has been serving the communities of Ely and district since it was formed 14 years ago, supporting many well known charities in the region.
For more information or to help Ely Foodbank visit www.elyfoodbank.org.uk
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 5 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 6 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 9 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 10 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse