Ely Foodbank changes Friday distribution centre and is putting on cooking courses to help people live on a budget
- Credit: Archant
Ely Foodbank has changed home for its Friday handouts.
They can now be found from 1-2.30pm at the Countess Church, on Chapel Street, on Tuesdays from 11am-12.30pm and Fridays from 1-2.30pm.
Cathy Wright, Ely Foodbank project director, said: “The Foodbank supports anyone struggling with low incomes, unemployment or any crisis, will receive a warm welcome at the Countess in their newly refurbished hall.”
The Foodbank is offering people the chance to learn to cook on a budget as part of a project organised by the Trussell Trust called Eat Well Spend Less.
The course runs from October 14 at the Garage Block at the Lighthouse Centre from 11am-1.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
Those booking onto the course do not have to use Foodbank to qualify - the course is for anyone wanting to eat well and spend less.
To book your place, call 01353 468626.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 3 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 4 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 5 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 6 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 9 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 10 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse