Foodbank 'overwhelmed' by 650kg of donations
- Credit: Ely foodbank
Ely Foodbank has been left "overwhelmed" and "speechless" after receiving 650 kilograms of boxes of donated items bought via their Amazon wishlist.
The foodbank's social media admin Georgie's home was the delivery address for the wishlist donations, which have since taken over her kitchen and living room.
The response to their wishlist has been "absolutely overwhelming, and the supermarket collection bins were overflowing when collected," say the foodbank volunteers.
"Safe to say the Amazon wishlist was a hit and we no longer have an immediate stock problem. You lot are brilliantly, generously bonkers.
"Thank you so much everyone - you have once again saved us from the brink. This will help tip the balance of demand vs supply for a while. We are speechless at your generosity.
"If you want to help us out, please feel free to buy anything non-perishable when out shopping for essentials to leave in supermarket delivery points, or buy from the wishlist.
As well as an Ely Foodbank collection bin at the One Stop store in Sutton, there will also be one at the new Co-op.
The Amazon wishlist is still available online.
- 1 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 2 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 3 Christmas at Wimpole illuminated trail sparks into life as countdown begins
- 4 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 5 A10 dualling facing new challenges
- 6 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 7 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 8 Rough sleeping injunctions are ‘positive’ say council
- 9 Big Christmas lights switch-on arrives
- 10 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series