Foodbank 'overwhelmed' by 650kg of donations
- Credit: Ely foodbank
Ely Foodbank has been left "overwhelmed" and "speechless" after receiving 650 kilograms of boxes of donated items bought via their Amazon wishlist.
The foodbank's social media admin Georgie's home was the delivery address for the wishlist donations, which have since taken over her kitchen and living room.
The response to their wishlist has been "absolutely overwhelming, and the supermarket collection bins were overflowing when collected," say the foodbank volunteers.
"Safe to say the Amazon wishlist was a hit and we no longer have an immediate stock problem. You lot are brilliantly, generously bonkers.
"Thank you so much everyone - you have once again saved us from the brink. This will help tip the balance of demand vs supply for a while. We are speechless at your generosity.
You may also want to watch:
"If you want to help us out, please feel free to buy anything non-perishable when out shopping for essentials to leave in supermarket delivery points, or buy from the wishlist.
As well as an Ely Foodbank collection bin at the One Stop store in Sutton, there will also be one at the new Co-op.
The Amazon wishlist is still available online.
- 1 Traffic, noise and anti-social behaviour among objections to new youth centre
- 2 Pair praise hundreds in bid to find beloved Ziggy
- 3 East Cambs District Council is freezing council tax for eighth year in a row
- 4 Man who waved machete in front of woman sentenced
- 5 Skydiving dad raises £1,623 for hospital that saved two-year-old daughter's life
- 6 Music student awarded diploma that few organists achieve while still at school
- 7 Hospital worker 'swerving' on road was over alcohol limit on way to work
- 8 Darts ace achieves his 'dream' after reaching world's elite
- 9 Meat, fuel and garden tool thieves sentenced after multiple thefts
- 10 Mum lifts lockdown blues with joyous cycle ride