Foodbank 'overwhelmed' by 650kg of donations
- Credit: Ely foodbank
Ely Foodbank has been left "overwhelmed" and "speechless" after receiving 650 kilograms of boxes of donated items bought via their Amazon wishlist.
The foodbank's social media admin Georgie's home was the delivery address for the wishlist donations, which have since taken over her kitchen and living room.
The response to their wishlist has been "absolutely overwhelming, and the supermarket collection bins were overflowing when collected," say the foodbank volunteers.
"Safe to say the Amazon wishlist was a hit and we no longer have an immediate stock problem. You lot are brilliantly, generously bonkers.
"Thank you so much everyone - you have once again saved us from the brink. This will help tip the balance of demand vs supply for a while. We are speechless at your generosity.
You may also want to watch:
"If you want to help us out, please feel free to buy anything non-perishable when out shopping for essentials to leave in supermarket delivery points, or buy from the wishlist.
As well as an Ely Foodbank collection bin at the One Stop store in Sutton, there will also be one at the new Co-op.
The Amazon wishlist is still available online.
- 1 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 2 30 East Cambs candidates compete for 8 Cambridgshire County council seats
- 3 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
- 4 Ely named the UK’s most baby-friendly location
- 5 Farm shop receives 'overwhelming' response ahead of opening
- 6 Nostalgic throwback to places and faces of Ely's past
- 7 Second World War and SAS hero remembered with new street signs
- 8 Ely man caught after nine months on the run from Suffolk prison
- 9 Slimmer launches weight loss group after losing three stone
- 10 National Trust reveal theft of 'historic items' and damage to Wimpole Hall