Ely Folk Festival named as one of UK’s most intimate summer festivals
- Credit: Archant
Forget Glastonbury or Reading and Leeds Festival - the Ely Folk Festival has been named as one of the country’s most intimate summer festivals by a holiday home and apartment comparison website.
Hundredrooms, which has offered a holiday accommodation comparison service since 2014, has praised the three-day city festival, which this year is headlined by singer songwriter, Seth Lakeman.
A festival spokesman said: “Ely Folk Festival has a range of exciting activities regardless of however old you are.
“Throughout the weekend, talented musicians and dancers run a range of workshops where festival-goers can learn East Anglian step dancing, the tin whistle and even give songwriting a go.
“Hundredrooms loves how this small festival has conserved its family values and spirit.”
You may also want to watch:
• The 2017 Ely Folk Festival runs from July 7-9. Tickets are available at www.elyfolkfestival.co.uk.
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 8 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 9 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k