Ely Folk Festival is ‘possibly’ the best one yet
- Credit: Archant
Organisers of this year’s 30th Ely Folk Festival have claimed it was “possibly the best one yet”.
Rain did not put a dampener on the music or fun at the festival’s final day on Sunday when an array of artists captivated audiences in both marquees.
The three day event got off to a rousing start on Friday (July 10) with blue skies and hot sunshine. Band competition winners Rusty Shackle kicked off the festival with a high energy performance, followed by Steve Tilston.
Marquee 2, saw the local bands showcase event which highlighted the diversity and talent of the area.
Threepenny Bit played to a packed dance floor for the late night ceilidh.
You may also want to watch:
Day two featured the soulful voice of Hannah Sanders and afternoon swing of New Essex Bluegrass Band and on to the electric sound of Eliza Carthy & the Wayward Band.
Crowds sat on the grass in bright sunshine to enjoy the music while kids had a great time at Jan’s Van & crafts tents.
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 6 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 7 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 8 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 9 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 10 Rats are causing 'abhorrent situation' in town, admits councillor
Organisers on the festival’s official website said: “It’s been a great festival thanks to the incredible musicians, talented kids entertainers, magnificent volunteer stewards, helpful traders, and of course wonderful festival visitors who ensured the atmosphere was fun, vibrant and chilled-out.
“Now, we get on with the clean-up. Do remember if you’ve got a great photo of the 2015 festival that you think captures the vibe and essence of Ely Folk Festival, enter our photo competition - you could win tickets to the 2016 festival.”
To enter the competition visit: www.elyfolkfestival.co.uk/workshops.asp