Sunshine and music-filled weekend for thousands at Ely Folk Festival 2018
- Credit: Archant
Thousands enjoyed the sunshine whilst watching dozens of local and national band at the 33rd annual Ely Folk Festival.
Held from July 13 to 15, visitors relaxed on the grass outside the marquees or sought shade inside while listening to some of the best folk and roots music around.
Fionnuala Lennon, festival organiser, said: “Wow! What a weekend - bookended perfectly by our band competition winner Melody Causton and the fabulous Kathryn Tickell and The Lightening.
“The sun shone down on an amazing collection of musicians, entertainers and artists who played their hearts out.
“Thank you to our guests of all ages, all the lighting and sound technical support, photographers, MCs, and to our wonderful army of volunteer stewards who made the festival work.”
You may also want to watch:
• Ely Folk Festival is a not-for-profit annual music festival run by a committee of volunteers.
For information ahead of next year’s festival visit www.elyfolkfestival.co.uk
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 6 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 7 City short-listed to house Museum of Brexit
- 8 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 9 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 10 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station