Ely Folk Festival 2017 tickets on sale next Wednesday - and the band competition opens on the same day!
- Credit: Archant
Tickets for the 2017 Ely Folk Festival go on sale on Wednesday (February 1) – the same day its annual band competition is launched.
This year’s festival, which runs from July 7 to 9, boasts a diverse line-up including Australian band The Spooky Men’s Chorale, high-energy Scots The Elephant Sessions, internationally-renowned performer Seth Lakemen, French-Geordie songstress Flossie Malavialle and bluegrass group The Hot Rock Pilgrims.
Also on the line-up is guitarist extraordinaire Hans Theessink, harmony duo O’Hooley & Tidow, Celtic pipers Ross Ainslie & Jarlath Henderson, and many more.
The festival also hosts three ceilidhs over the weekend as well as the popular local bands showcase, children’s activities, morris dancing, workshops, a real ale bar and sessions.
Early bird weekend tickets cost £72 per adult and are free for children under 12. Friday evening tickets cost £25. Concession prices also available.
You may also want to watch:
For more information visit www.elyfolkfestival.co.uk
Ely Folk Festival 2017 band competition
- 1 'I feel alive for the first time': Slimmer lost half his body weight in lockdown
- 2 Plans revealed for new A10 pedestrian bridge
- 3 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 4 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 5 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 6 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
- 7 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 8 Matt’s 46-day charity cycle from Burwell to Istanbul raises over £2,000
- 9 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 10 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
Would you like to perform on the main stage of Ely Folk Festival alongside some of the best British folk and roots acts around?
If so, be sure sign up for the Ely Folk Festival band competition which is being run in partnership with Ely Standard.
The competition, which has run for many years, is a key way for the festival to seek out new acts and give them a platform to perform.
Last year’s competition winners Georgia Lewis & Friends have since been working hard on the folk and roots circuit and we have invited them back this year to perform at the festival again.
Amateur solo, duo and group folk and roots acts are welcome to enter the competition. To enter, please send a CD demo marked ‘EFF Band Competition’ with your contact details to arrive by 21 April 2017 to:
Ely Folk Festival Band Competition
93 High Street,
Closing date for receipt of entries is 21 April 2017. Please note that CDs will not be returned. The winning entry will be announced by the end of May and will be awarded the opening performance of the 2017 festival on the main concert stage on Friday 7th July. Check out the festival website www.elyfolkfestival.co.uk for details.