Ely Fish and Chip shop The Fishnet makes generous donation to Cancer Research in mother’s memory
- Credit: Archant
An Ely Fish and Chip shop has donated hundreds of pounds to charity in memory of a much-loved family member.
The Fishnet, on New Barns Road, has raised £500 for Cancer Research UK one year after the death of Darshan Kaur. She died on September 27.
Her son, Dilvinder Singh, said: “It has been one year since we lost a devoted mother, wife and grandmother.
“You going left our hearts filled with pain. May the winds in heaven blow softly and whisper in your ear how much we love you and wish that you were here.
“Though you’re gone from amongst us, you will always be in our hearts. We miss you today and forever.”
If you would like to donate to Cancer Research, visit www.cancerresearchuk.org.
A Cancer Research UK spokesman said: “We fund scientists, doctors and nurses to help beat cancer sooner. We also provide cancer information to the public.
- 1 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 2 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 3 Littleport 'hit and run' on Victoria Street
- 4 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 5 Pedestrian struck on Ely Road in Littleport
- 6 Florist 'busier than ever' hoping to build from lockdown success
- 7 Arsonist firebombed GP surgery after doctors refused to give him heroin
- 8 Former Baptist chapel to be turned into four-bedroom house
- 9 Council bans use of agricultural land to extend garden
- 10 Councillor hits out at 'huge intransigence' over splash pad project
“Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound donated.”