Ely Fish and Chip shop The Fishnet makes generous donation to Cancer Research in mother’s memory
- Credit: Archant
An Ely Fish and Chip shop has donated hundreds of pounds to charity in memory of a much-loved family member.
The Fishnet, on New Barns Road, has raised £500 for Cancer Research UK one year after the death of Darshan Kaur. She died on September 27.
Her son, Dilvinder Singh, said: “It has been one year since we lost a devoted mother, wife and grandmother.
“You going left our hearts filled with pain. May the winds in heaven blow softly and whisper in your ear how much we love you and wish that you were here.
“Though you’re gone from amongst us, you will always be in our hearts. We miss you today and forever.”
You may also want to watch:
If you would like to donate to Cancer Research, visit www.cancerresearchuk.org.
A Cancer Research UK spokesman said: “We fund scientists, doctors and nurses to help beat cancer sooner. We also provide cancer information to the public.
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 Man found dead in March
- 5 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 6 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 7 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 8 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation
- 9 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 10 Church to hold churchyards training day
“Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound donated.”