Ely firm PA Answer hope charity telethon will ring in the cash for EAAA
- Credit: Archant
An Ely-based telephone answering service hopes to raise thousands for charity next week – by doing what it does best.
PA Answer will be donating £10 for every 100 calls answered by their team on Friday (25) to the East Anglian Air Ambulances (EAAA).
The telethon is being held in conjunction with Phil’s Ride, a motorbike and cycle ride from Southery to Blakeney, in memory of Phil Beeton, who died in a road accident two years ago.
Friends and family launched the ride following Phil’s death and have so far raised over £6,200 for the EAAA.
Phil’s daughter, Marie, is PA’ Answers’ general manager. She said: “My dad loved getting people together, and he would have loved to be a part of a day like Phil’s Ride.
You may also want to watch:
“The event also gives us a chance to raise money for the East Anglian Air Ambulance, who saved the life of my cousin Jack at the scene and did everything they possibly could to do the same for my dad.”
Phil’s Ride is for anyone who rides a bike - motor or pedal - and kicks off at the The Old White Bell in Southery, near Downham Market, at midday on August 27.
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 4 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 5 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 6 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 7 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 8 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 9 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 10 Rats are causing 'abhorrent situation' in town, admits councillor
For more information, visit www.paanswer.co.uk/philsride.