Ely firm celebrates its golden anniversary
- Credit: Archant
Ely based Potter Logistics capped off its 50th year of trading by reporting a strong set of financial results consolidating its recent rapid growth.
This financial year saw a profit before tax of £1.72m with turnover falling slightly to £24.7m from the previous year.
However, the financial results include the cost of relocation of their Knowsley operation to a new 87,000 square foot facility on Knowsley Industrial park.
Managing director Matthew Lamb said: “We are delighted to report another strong trading year, particularly as the company has celebrated its 50th year in business.
“We are very proud of the achievements our colleagues and logistics operations, during 2015 we have won a number of prestigious awards.
You may also want to watch:
“Trading for the new financial year is currently strong and we are cautiously optimistic of producing another strong year of financial results.”
Industry awards include Motor Transport Haulier of the Year, Palletline Depot of the year Gold Award, Warehouse Manager, Young Employee and Chairman’s award at the United Kingdom Warehousing Association awards in July.
- 1 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 9 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 10 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
To finish off their winning streak Potter Logistics’ executive chairman Derrick Potter was presented with a Lifetime Achievement award by the Rail Freight Group of which he is founding member.
Founded by Derrick Potter in 1965, Potter Logistics is a family run business employing around 300 staff. The company provides specialist logistics solutions focusing on the chemical, agricultural, pharmaceutical and food industries.
Potter Logistics operates six distribution centres located in Droitwich, Ely, Knowsley, Ripon, Selby and York.