Ely fireworks raises cash for local charities - could your community group be considered for a donation?
- Credit: Archant
Ely’s annual fireworks extravaganza at Cherry Hill on November 10 was hugely successful with high numbers turning out despite the rainy conditions.
The organisers, Ely Community Events Team (which groups together Ely, Ely Hereward, and Soham Rotary Clubs along with Ely District Scouts) would like to thank all concerned, from event stewards, ticket sales outlets, and most of all, the people of and around Ely, for making the occasion so enjoyable and worthwhile.
ECET are also pleased to announce that the evening produced a very good financial return, details of which will shortly be published.
As a community event it is intended that all funds raised will be destined for the benefit of the community, and so we now embark on identifying the worthy and needy local causes which can be usefully assisted.
With this in mind, we would like to give the opportunity for organisations, groups, or even individuals, within Ely and its locality to contact ECET should you wish to be considered for a donation from monies raised at our event.
You may also want to watch:
We are proposing to set aside a proportion of the funds to be used in meeting such requests and hope by these means to reach out to as many deserving people as possible.
Anyone wishing to be considered is invited to contact ECET at email@example.com
- 1 Town considers home for market
- 2 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 3 Covid-19 job loss prompts Martin to launch out on his own
- 4 Plea to council to halt £6.5m crematorium plan
- 5 Village housing in disarray after all the trustees quit
- 6 Sutton couple mark seven decades of marriage
- 7 ‘Tired and dated’ road can only get better with our 40 new homes, say builders
- 8 Sex offender caught with 76 of most serious child abuse photos
- 9 Watch the moment E-scooter rider, 16, narrowly misses crashing into bus
- 10 Derby win gets Ely City back on track after eight-goal thriller
Please give details about yourself, your group or organisation, whether you would be looking to fund any particular project, with details of any funding target and amounts raised so far. We ask that contact is made no later than by December 14.
Requests will then be considered at the next ECET team meeting in January 2019.