Sparkling fun at family fun fireworks night in Ely
- Credit: Archant
A night of sparkling family entertainment comes to Ely with this year’s fireworks night on Cherry Hill.
Run by volunteers the event raises money for local charities.
On Saturday November 10 crowds are expected to flock to enjoy a professional firework show, a giant bonfire, a guy competition, barbecue, fun fair rides and hot food and drink.
An event organiser said: “Come and have a great night and help to raise money for fantastic local charities at the same time.
“The Scouts will be back with their epic BBQ.”
This year the Ely Community Events Team (ECET) are organising the fireworks display.
ECET is a community team composing Ely Hereward, Ely and Soham Staploe Rotary Clubs together with Ely District Scouts.
- 1 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
- 2 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 3 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
- 4 Village toasts Queen's Platinum Jubilee with a memorable touch
- 5 Coach shocked as girls football idea goes from strength to strength
- 6 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
- 7 ‘If it wasn’t for NICU I possibly wouldn’t be here today’ - Darren fundraising for Addenbrooke's
- 8 See inside this Grade II listed former pub with self-contained annexe
- 9 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 10 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
The Cathedral and East Cambridgeshire District Council are making no charge for the use of the land.
Tickets can be bought from Ely Fudge Company, Sainsburys, Wade’s of Ely, Twin Motor Company Sutton, Soham Books, Littleport Bargain Centre, and Ely Tourist Info centre (Cromwells House).
• Gates open at 5.30pm. Bonfire will be lit at 6.30pm then fireworks at 7pm. Gates close at 6.45pm. People are advised to buy tickets in advance.