Sparkling fun at family fun fireworks night in Ely
- Credit: Archant
A night of sparkling family entertainment comes to Ely with this year’s fireworks night on Cherry Hill.
Run by volunteers the event raises money for local charities.
On Saturday November 10 crowds are expected to flock to enjoy a professional firework show, a giant bonfire, a guy competition, barbecue, fun fair rides and hot food and drink.
An event organiser said: “Come and have a great night and help to raise money for fantastic local charities at the same time.
“The Scouts will be back with their epic BBQ.”
You may also want to watch:
This year the Ely Community Events Team (ECET) are organising the fireworks display.
ECET is a community team composing Ely Hereward, Ely and Soham Staploe Rotary Clubs together with Ely District Scouts.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 5 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 6 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 9 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 10 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
The Cathedral and East Cambridgeshire District Council are making no charge for the use of the land.
Tickets can be bought from Ely Fudge Company, Sainsburys, Wade’s of Ely, Twin Motor Company Sutton, Soham Books, Littleport Bargain Centre, and Ely Tourist Info centre (Cromwells House).
• Gates open at 5.30pm. Bonfire will be lit at 6.30pm then fireworks at 7pm. Gates close at 6.45pm. People are advised to buy tickets in advance.