Ely fire station to host annual charity car wash in aid of The Fire Fighters Charity
- Credit: Archant
Staff at Ely fire station are holding their annual charity car wash in aid of The Fire Fighters Charity next weekend.
Taking place on Saturday March 17 from 11am to 3pm, volunteers will be taking donations in exchange for a sparkly clean car.
Take along your cars, vans, bikes, mobility scooters and they will clean it as good as new for you for a good cause.
Every year hundreds of fire stations across the UK compete against each other to wash as many cars as possible and raise money for the charity while competing for the national car wash league crown.
The charity ‘provides life-enhancing health and wellbeing support to the whole fire community.
You may also want to watch:
The last national event in 2017 raised more than £269,000.
In 2015/16 the charity supported 5,107 individuals – three per cent more than in 2014/15.
- 1 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 4 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 5 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 6 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 9 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 10 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
For more information and to find out how the charity helps visit www.firefighterscharity.org.uk