Ely fast food chain hoping to extend opening hours until 1am
A FAST food restaurant has applied to East Cambridgeshire District Council extend its opening hours.
Domino’s Pizza, in St Mary’s Street, was granted permission to open until 11pm by the council back in November 2010 but the franchise owners are now hoping to extend the hours until 1am on Friday and Saturday evenings, their peak period.
The branch will not open to the public past 11pm, however, delivery drivers will be able to continue using the premises until 1am, if planning permission is granted.
In it submission to council planners, Domino’s said: “In order to prevent any extra traffic, all delivery drivers will enter and leave using the front entrance, keeping noise to a minimum as this will not affect the residents to the side and behind the store.
“Delivery drivers will be able to park their cars in the designated car-parking spaces in front of the store and will be instructed to leave and enter their vehicles quietly and considerately, not to leave their engines running and to not play music in their cars.”
You may also want to watch:
A decision on the plans is expected within eights weeks. To view the plans, or to have your say, visit www.eastcambs.gov.uk.
- 1 Shoppers rush to help man injured after falling in High Street
- 2 ‘We are still struggling to cope’: Pet rescuers face ‘horrific situation’
- 3 Residents 'horrified' by Swastika graffiti in grounds of Ely Cathedral
- 4 Lockdown easing - 10 pubs and restaurants say welcome back
- 5 Man remains in custody after 'firearm and threat to kill' arrest
- 6 Police swoop on Chatteris housing estate following machete threat
- 7 Littleport marks Royal British Legion centenary year with moving ceremony
- 8 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 9 Family traumatised as their beloved Waffle shot in the face
- 10 Dessert-lover travelled 150 miles north for ‘TikTok famous’ waffle