Ely equestrian student Jade wins top award
- Credit: Archant
An equestrian student from Ely has been given a top award.
Jade Asbury won the Student of the Year award for land-based studies at the annual College of West Anglia awards.
Her tutor Mel Tomlinson said: “Jade has a great attitude, is reliable and hardworking and she is developing into a skilled individual who will be an asset to any future employer.
“Despite physical difficulties, she has excelled on her equine course at CWA Cambridge, and we wish her all the best for the future.”
The awards ceremony was held at Alive Corn Exchange, King’s Lynn, on Wednesday June 21.
You may also want to watch:
CWA Principal David Pomfret said: “Our award winners have been selected from our body of thousands of students. They should be very proud of their achievements.
“I am extremely proud and congratulate the students on your commitment and standard of work – you’re all an inspiration to others, well done.”
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 8 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 9 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 10 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages