Ely engineering firm to debut innovative new potato planter
- Credit: Archant
Standen Engineering is to launch a new potato planting machine that was designed and manufactured in Ely.
The Zeno series will make its debut at the Cereals exhibition which brings together more than 25,000 arable farmers from across the UK and concludes today (Thursday) in Lincolnshire.
The machine was designed, developed and manufactured at Standen’s Angel Drove headquarters and features new belt planting technology which features lower seed drops and greater seed flow.
Standen manufactures a wide range of machinery for potato and vegetable growers, including bed formers, rotary tillers, planters, stone and clod separators, toppers
You may also want to watch:
Many of the company’s unique technologies are protected by worldwide patents.
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 Man found dead in March
- 8 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 9 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation
- 10 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car