Ely author publishes second story book in ‘Muscovy and Eeli’ series
- Credit: Archant
An Ely author is launching another story book as part of their popular ‘Muscovy and Eeli’ series.
The first book in the series called ‘Muscovy and Eeli: Explore Ely’ was launched last summer and the follow up will be launched this weekend to coincide with the annual Ely Eel Day.
The second book in the series sees Eeli the eel lose his friend, Muscovy the duck. However, they both get reunited but only after Eeli the eel joins the annual Eel Day parade through the city.
Author and illustrator Karen Merrison said: “I am delighted with the interest in the first book I launched last year, and I decided it would be good to write a second book in the series. It’s great that it will be ready to purchase in time for Eel Day this weekend”.
The books in the series, which are aimed at children between the ages of five and nine, are priced at £4.99. They will be available from the Jubilee Gardens on Eel Day, as well as Ely Tourist information centre and other booksellers in the city.
You may also want to watch:
For more information visit www.fascinatingfens.com
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 5 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 8 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 9 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 10 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion