Ely Eel Day is back this year, with music, theatre and more
- Credit: ARCHANT
Ely’s annual Eel Fayre is going ahead this year, albeit on a smaller scale due to government guidelines around the Covid-19 pandemic.
Stalls, entertainment and food will feature at the July 17 event, which is free to enter and will have one-way systems, according to tourism and town centre manager Anna Bennett.
“Whilst it may not be the usual eel festival, Visit Ely is still marking the occasion by holding a smaller, community event celebrating the humble Eel and all things local,” she added.
Ely’s patriotic ‘Ellie’ and friends’ will be on the east lawn of Ely Cathedral from 10am-4pm.
A small arena of events will be going on throughout the day, with everything from eel throwing (not real eels, just stuffed toys).
You may also want to watch:
There will be entertainment from KD Theatre, Living History actors, local folk music, stalls, crafts, food and drink.
“This will be a great family day out and a chance to commemorate Ely’s very own traditional event that has taken place in for many years,” Anna added.
- 1 Catering wars as converted horsebox trailer takes on National Trust
- 2 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 3 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 4 Couple swap healthcare for glamping with new venture
- 5 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 6 Palmer's 'flagship' £100k homes will be council houses
- 7 Welcome to the Fens but can you guess which part?
- 8 Suspected building site burglars stopped in their tracks
- 9 Damning care home report reveals all areas ‘require improvement’
- 10 Petition calls for more Cambs busways to be scrapped
“It is going to be quirkier than ever, so support your local businesses by popping the date in your diary as many will be there.
"We are very much looking forward to bringing this day back to Ely, after months of nothing.
“We are also eternally grateful to various local businesses that are sponsoring this event and other events planned for this year. Watch this space.”
For pitch enquiries (limited due to the change in location) contact email@example.com