Ely duo gearing up for half-marathon challenge
- Credit: Archant
Friends Elaine Ferrari Jones and Lauren Thomas will be running the Cambridge Half-Marathon to raise funds for a breast cancer charity.
And, to make their feat that bit more challenging, the duo, from Ely, will be taking on the 13-mile course while decked out in fancy dress.
The event is taking place on March 8 and the pair are hoping to raise hundreds of pounds for the charity CoppaFeel.
Ms Thomas said: “We’re trying to make people aware that cancer doesn’t discriminate and that no matter how young or old you are, you should be breast aware.
“This is part of a series of challenges I’m doing in 2015 to try and raise £1,000 for CoppaFeel. I’ve also signed up for the Ely Sprint Triathlon, in September, and a 10 mile walk in, May.”
You may also want to watch:
The half-marathon will be Lauren’s third while Elaine will be taking on the distance for the first time.
For more information, and to sponsor the duo, visit www.justgiving.com/Lauren-Is-Moving-For-CoppaFeel
- 1 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 4 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 5 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 6 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 7 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 8 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 9 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 10 Rats are causing 'abhorrent situation' in town, admits councillor