Ely DJ Cumminz wins top award at NGM Awards
- Credit: Archant
An Ely student-turned-DJ has been crowned as the region’s best urban and electronic act at this year’s New Music Generator (NMG) Awards.
George Cummins – best known as Cumminz – scooped the gong at the awards which set out to recognise the musical talents that East Anglia has to offer on Friday night (September 15).
George taught himself to DJ after a trip to Ibiza in 2013 and since then has gone on to play at a host of shows and festivals across Europe, including V Festival in 2014.
Fellow Ely-based band Mallory Knox were also there to hand out an award and the event also received a message of support from legends Pink Floyd.
Promotor Tim Willett said: “I am truly blown away by the support the music scene in the East has shown the NMG Awards over the past five years.
You may also want to watch:
“Friday night was a really special way of celebrating the anniversary in such a prestigious venue and fantastic to kick off our partnership with Cambridge Live on the event going forward.
“Congratulations to all the winners and huge thanks to everyone involved for making the event so memorable.”
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 5 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 6 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 7 Prison escapees found with stolen £30,000 car thanks to quick-thinking neighbour
- 8 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 9 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 10 Rats are causing 'abhorrent situation' in town, admits councillor