Design students from Ely College invited to Birmingham conference to showcase their work
- Credit: Archant
A group of Ely College pupils showcased their design and technology work to hundreds of people when they were invited to a conference in Birmingham.
The handful of Year 8 students attended the Design and Technology Association conference on Monday, October 1 and watched various keynote speeches.
The four students were invited to showcase their work at the Birmingham Museum and Art Gallery event after they previously won awards for their work on the Asthma Design Challenge.
A spokesman from the college said: “The event set out a vision for how design thinking can be embedded within our education system
“Equipping all students with the knowledge and skills required to confidently face the challenges of the fourth industrial revolution.
“The students demonstrated a range of creative digital and technical skills to captivate delegates.
“Their showcase reinforced the message that design and technology should be a life subject for all students.
- 1 'He saved my life' - Karolina thanks optician after spotting unknown brain tumour
- 2 Two suffer serious injuries after A10 crash
- 3 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 4 Motorcyclist in serious condition after A142 tractor crash
- 5 Cyclist in hospital with life-threatening injuries after crash
- 6 Family banned from turning garage into dining room
- 7 Bank cards, electrical items and jewellery stolen in burglary
- 8 Cricket club's bid to be 'loud and proud' thanks to new ground
- 9 Surgery’s renovation project takes next step forward
- 10 Man subjected to 'unprovoked attack' at village pavilion
“The delegates and organisers at the conference commented on how well the students represented the college.”