Ely-based dance troupe ‘House of Thieves’ fly to Dublin for Top 8 Street Dance Battle
An Ely-based dance troupe boarded a flight for Dublin to attend the Top 8 Street Dance Battle competition at the beginning of this month.
House of Thieves is made up of seven members who specialise in the 'Krump' style. It's a high-energy dance that is described by dancers as "passionate".
A spokesman said: "Competitions, such as Top 8, usually have individual categories. In this case, we were focused on the Krump category.
"The first round is elimination round where they eliminate enough people to find the top 8 strongest dancers, afterwards they battle it out tournament style from quarter final, semi final and lastly grand final."
Three members competing in Dublin and all three members made it to the final four, after that the final top two were both House of Thieves members.
"As a crew we regularly train in the Paradise Centre dance studio every Sunday, we have competed as a crew numerous times within the UK and across Europe," the spokesman added.
"As a crew, our last major achievement was being semi-finalists in Buckyard Vol 2 in Prague, Czech Republic.
- 1 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
- 2 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
- 3 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 4 Village toasts Queen's Platinum Jubilee with a memorable touch
- 5 Coach shocked as girls football idea goes from strength to strength
- 6 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
- 7 See inside this Grade II listed former pub with self-contained annexe
- 8 Villagers can be proud says school head as Ofsted gives thumbs up
- 9 ‘If it wasn’t for NICU I possibly wouldn’t be here today’ - Darren fundraising for Addenbrooke's
- 10 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
As individuals we have also been invited as special guest competitors in countries such as France, Czech Republic, Ireland and Germany.
"We have many plans for the future with dance-related trips quickly approaching such as America, Austria and Germany."