Ely dance school Horizons Academy wow hundreds at annual showcase
More than 250 people were wowed at an annual showcase by Ely dance school Horizons Academy on Saturday.
The dancers performed a variety of styles - from the youngest ballet dancers in ‘Sing A Rainbow’ to the adult tappers presenting an energised ‘Shake A Tail Feather’ said founder Stephanie Mills.
“Every single dancer did a fantastic job and showed such commitment and enthusiasm.
“There is a lot more to performing than the finished product that is seen on stage; including rehearsals and understanding what is expected back stage.
“I was extremely proud of how the children embraced this opportunity and acted with such professionalism for such young dancers both on and off stage.”
Horizons Academy has also been fundraising to by some new ballet barres, and thanks to “such an enthusiastic and supportive audience of friends and family” £250 was raised at the show.
Miss Mills added: “The money will help enormously. We are all so very grateful.”
- 1 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 2 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 3 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 4 Firm announces acquisition of independent planning firm
- 5 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 6 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 7 80 homes threaten access to ‘rural haven of rare beauty’
- 8 Rudolph the red phone box reindeer arrives in village
- 9 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 10 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
For more information on Horizons Academy and the classes they offer for both children and adults visit www.horizonsacademy.co.uk or email firstname.lastname@example.org