Ely dance school duo dance themselves dizzy for Comic Relief success
- Credit: Archant
Two Ely girls joined a national event by dancing their way through hundreds of tunes over a blistering six hours at Wembley Arena in London.
Holly Dack and Rhiannon Kelly, both 10, of Lantern School, applied to join more than 2,000 others and pledged to raise cash towards Comic Relief.
They were in great company as they joined a feast of celebrity hosts and party animals in the arena including Kirsty Allthrop Jo Whiley, Kimberly Wyatt, Daisy Lowe and Rufus Hound.
The whole day was screened live on the BBC red button, with a generous supply of different themes.
A different star dance tutor took to the stage to direct the crowds through an intensive half hour of dance styles.
You may also want to watch:
The girls arrived back in Ely shattered but excited. Together they raised more than £400 for Comic Relief by dancing their socks off.
To boost their fund further you can donate to my.rednoseday.com/sponsor/HollyDack.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 3 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 4 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph
- 10 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'