Ely company Ellgia takes over Purple Recycling in Prickwillow
- Credit: Archant
An Ely company which won four awards at the 2015 Ely Standard East Cambridgeshire Business Awards is expanding.
Ellgia Recycling has aqquired Purple Recycling and will take over operations at the Prickwillow site with “immediate effect”.
Steve Crook, Ellgia’s managing director, said: “We are delighted to have acquired Purple Recycling; it is a thriving business, servicing customers in the commercial and construction sector and will strengthen and widen our offer in the region.
“We have considerable experience in this sector in other parts of Eastern England, and this acquisition is complementary to our current business and allows us to expand our services across Cambridgeshire and Suffolk.
“In the future we will look to align the brand with our corporate identity and familiar green livery. However, our immediate focus will be working with Purple Recycling’s customers and staff to ensure we continue to provide a great service now and in the future as they become part of the Ellgia family.
You may also want to watch:
“We will also take over Purple Recycling’s waste management and recycling facility, which will allow us extract more recyclable materials from our waste streams and offer greater environmental benefits to our customers.”
- 1 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 2 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 6 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 7 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 10 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry