Community groups in Ely invited to apply for charity funding from a local builder
- Credit: Archant
The search is on to find an Ely community group looking for support from a charitable money pot from a local builder.
Community groups and local charities are urged to get in touch with McCarthy and Stone who are opening up the funding offer as its new on Lisle Lane, Roslyn Court, begins to take shape.
With construction well underway on site, McCarthy and Stone say it is looking to pledge its support to a neighbourhood project, charity or one-off event within the local community.
Cheryl Bissett, regional sales and marketing director at McCarthy and Stone East Midlands, said: “Our fundamental aim when creating a development is to support and integrate McCarthy and Stone and our future homeowners into the local community.
“Our developments are created with community in mind, and supporting local charities or neighbourhood projects allows us to create a positive legacy.”
You may also want to watch:
Roslyn Court will consist of 58 luxury one and two bedroom apartments, for people aged over 70, with access to domestic and personal assistance.
• To be considered for the charity funding email email@example.com by midnight on Wednesday January 31. Please mark your emails ‘Ely Community Appeal’ in the subject header.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 4 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 5 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 6 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 7 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph
- 10 Labour backs calls for extra Covid-19 safety measures in schools