Ely College students celebrate final PLEDGES and Futures Day of the year
- Credit: Archant
Ely College students celebrated their final of four PLEDGES and Futures Day of the year with talks from more than 30 guest speakers.
Focusing on democracy and personal finance, speakers included recently re-elected Member of Parliament for South East Cambridgeshire, Lucy Frazer, who held a question time session with students.
Year 10 student, Ben Gray, said: “It was a really interesting day and we learnt a lot. My year group were visited by Metro Bank and Lloyds Bank.
“It was great to gain detailed insights you would not normally get in lessons and especially to understand the next steps in our lives, such as mortgages and personal finances for university. Seeing how student loans work was great.”
Other activities throughout the day included students interviewing visitors from a range of workplaces, taking part in a Dragon’s Den style activity and workshops on personal branding and managing personal finances.
You may also want to watch:
PLEDGES were introduced at the College in October.
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 5 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 8 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 9 Prison escapees found with stolen £30,000 car thanks to quick-thinking neighbour
- 10 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'