Ely College student reaches finals of Pupil Library Assistant of the Year Awards in Westminster
- Credit: Archant
Ely College student Harry Sindle was one of five students shortlisted from school librarians across the UK to attend the Pupil Library Assistant of the Year Awards in London.
The award ceremony, held at Portcullis House, Westminster, was hosted by the School Library Association and the CILIP School Libraries Group in order to recognise the assistance of pupils who help within their school libraries.
Bestselling author Cathy Cassidy attended the event along with school librarians, representatives from literacy organisations and publishers.
Richard Spencer, principal of Ely College, said: “The work that student librarians do at the college is invaluable and enriches not only the library but also each student’s personal development.
“We are incredibly proud of Harry for getting to the final of this nationwide competition – it is an incredible achievement.
You may also want to watch:
“We would also like to thank the rest of our student librarians, who are incredibly dedicated in helping out at the school library in their spare time, and Anne Shaw, our learning resource centre manager, who does a fantastic job to encourage our students and their love for literature.”
Each finalist was championed by an author. Harry’s champion was Tamsyn Murray, who gave a speech about Harry.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 3 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 4 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 5 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph
- 10 Labour backs calls for extra Covid-19 safety measures in schools
The event was attended by 20 successful authors who all presented the finalists with a personal signed copy of their latest book.