Ely College student reaches finals of Pupil Library Assistant of the Year Awards in Westminster
- Credit: Archant
Ely College student Harry Sindle was one of five students shortlisted from school librarians across the UK to attend the Pupil Library Assistant of the Year Awards in London.
The award ceremony, held at Portcullis House, Westminster, was hosted by the School Library Association and the CILIP School Libraries Group in order to recognise the assistance of pupils who help within their school libraries.
Bestselling author Cathy Cassidy attended the event along with school librarians, representatives from literacy organisations and publishers.
Richard Spencer, principal of Ely College, said: “The work that student librarians do at the college is invaluable and enriches not only the library but also each student’s personal development.
“We are incredibly proud of Harry for getting to the final of this nationwide competition – it is an incredible achievement.
“We would also like to thank the rest of our student librarians, who are incredibly dedicated in helping out at the school library in their spare time, and Anne Shaw, our learning resource centre manager, who does a fantastic job to encourage our students and their love for literature.”
Each finalist was championed by an author. Harry’s champion was Tamsyn Murray, who gave a speech about Harry.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
- 3 'Gas engineer' reportedly stole two phones and a purse in Haddenham
- 4 Village toasts Queen's Platinum Jubilee with a memorable touch
- 5 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 6 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
- 7 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 8 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
- 9 Village café battles Covid-19 delays to raise over £1,700
- 10 Corporal lines up world record 135km paddleboard trek for 'gleaming' Bobby
The event was attended by 20 successful authors who all presented the finalists with a personal signed copy of their latest book.