Ely College welcomes some of UK’s leading cultural organisations for Artsmark Festival
- Credit: Archant
Ely College today played hosts to some of the countries’ leading cultural organisations for this year’s Artsmark Festival.
The school also welcomed sixty teachers and head teachers as part of the celebration, which gives teachers and head teachers from different schools a chance to get together and share ideas from their Artsmark journeys.
Artsmark is Arts Council England's award for schools that champion the arts and strive for excellence.
Richard Spencer, head teacher at Ely College, said: "We have a responsibility to make sure that the arts remain at the heart of our schools."
MP for SE Cambs, Lucy Frazer, who spoke at the event, added: "It was great to be at Ely College and to see first hand how the Artsmark workshops expanded teachers' classroom skills for the benefit of their students."
You may also want to watch:
Festival Bridge is one of ten national Bridge organisations working to improve the cultural education offer by creating, advising and facilitating partnerships and networks.
- 1 Tributes paid to school matron who died from Covid-19
- 2 People power brings about changes to £800,000 roundabout scheme
- 3 Student defies challenges of pandemic to achieve first class degree
- 4 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 5 Health scare inspired slimmer’s incredible 10 stone weight loss
- 6 Alcohol shoplifter threatened security staff with large blade
- 7 London man jailed for running drugs line between Cambs and capital
- 8 Retired GP's death 'avoidable' if cause of severe chest pain was 'more thoroughly investigated'
- 9 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 10 Driver peers out of Range Rover while trying to cross flooded Welney Wash