Ely College welcomes some of UK’s leading cultural organisations for Artsmark Festival
- Credit: Archant
Ely College today played hosts to some of the countries’ leading cultural organisations for this year’s Artsmark Festival.
The school also welcomed sixty teachers and head teachers as part of the celebration, which gives teachers and head teachers from different schools a chance to get together and share ideas from their Artsmark journeys.
Artsmark is Arts Council England's award for schools that champion the arts and strive for excellence.
Richard Spencer, head teacher at Ely College, said: "We have a responsibility to make sure that the arts remain at the heart of our schools."
MP for SE Cambs, Lucy Frazer, who spoke at the event, added: "It was great to be at Ely College and to see first hand how the Artsmark workshops expanded teachers' classroom skills for the benefit of their students."
You may also want to watch:
Festival Bridge is one of ten national Bridge organisations working to improve the cultural education offer by creating, advising and facilitating partnerships and networks.
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 3 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Man found dead in March
- 6 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 7 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 8 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation