Students and staff at Ely College bake cakes to raise funds for Macmillan Cancer Support
- Credit: Archant
Nearly £150 was raised by staff and students in Turing House at Ely College for Macmillan Cancer Support.
It was their first Macmillan Coffee Morning held on the site last Friday morning as part of the nationwide initiative to help beat cancer.
In a post on their Facebook, it read: “Huge well done to Turing House staff and student reps who hosted their Macmillian Coffee Morning on Friday and raised nearly £150.
“The cakes were delicious and such a lovely way to earn those #pledges in school.”
Coffee, cake and other tasty treats were brought in by the students and staff during the World’s Biggest Coffee Morning.
You may also want to watch:
The charity was founded in 1911 and has grown to offer advice, support, provide home care nurses, palliative care homes and also works to lobby the government to improve cancer care for patients.
If has a free counselling hotline and was pivotal in campaigning for free prescriptions for cancer patients.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 6 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 7 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 8 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 9 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 10 Christmas comes early as festive lights couple hold trial switch-on