Ely College ‘charity superstar’ Cherry raises hundreds by losing 12 inches of hair
- Credit: Archant
A ‘charity superstar’ at Ely College has raised hundreds for the hospital that looked after her by losing 12 inches of hair.
Cherry Lock, who is part of the college’s finance team, has beaten her fundraising target of £300 – having raised £433.50 so far.
“After my son spent time in the neonatal unit at West Suffolk Hospital, I have wanted to give something back to help them as much as they helped us,” she said.
“I am having 12 inches of my long hair cut off to raise money for them to help buy an iPad - so a sick mother can still see her child whilst they are in the neonatal unit.
“As a bonus, I will send my hair to have a wig made for someone suffering from the loss of hair through cancer or other illness.”
You may also want to watch:
In a Facebook post, Cherry added: “Thank you to everyone who has supported me, it really means a lot.
“A big thank you to Tanya Constable Hair for cutting my hair and giving me my new 2018 look. I love it.”
- 1 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 2 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 6 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 7 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 10 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
My Wish Charity aims to ‘make sure that friends, family and neighbours enjoy the best treatment and the best possible service when they visit West Suffolk Hospital’.
To donate visit www.justgiving.com/fundraising/cherrylock