Ely College auction will help to fund project in Malawi
STUDENTS and staff at Ely College Sixth Form are hoping to raise �15,000 so they can take part in a charity construction project in Africa next summer.
An auction will be held at the college to raise funds on December 1 with guest auctioneer David Palmer, from TV’s Cash in the Attic, Bargain Hunt and Flog It!
So far, the students have accumulated �4,000 for Habitat for Humanity project in Malawi through quiz nights, discos, sponsored head-shaving and cake sales.
This will be the third project the sixth form has taken part in, following successful trips to Zambia and Romania.
More than 50 lots are on offer in the auction, with a six-day South African safari up for grabs.
You may also want to watch:
Other lots include a football signed by the Manchester United team, a dinner for eight at the cathedral with the Bishop of Ely and the chance to have a professional chef cook for you and your guests in your own home.
Doors open at 7pm with the auction starting at 7.30pm. Entrance is free and there will be a licensed bar. For a copy of the auction catalogue visit www.elycollege.com.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Son's touching tribute: 'My father fought with passion for that in which he believed'
- 4 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 5 Man named following fatal collision
- 6 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 7 Ex-councillor launches 'one million steps' charity challenge
- 8 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 9 Ambulance charity first in East to transfer Covid-19 patients by air
Anybody who would like to donate a lot should contact Mark Sirot-Smith on 01353 652818 or by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.