Ely College auction will help to fund project in Malawi
STUDENTS and staff at Ely College Sixth Form are hoping to raise �15,000 so they can take part in a charity construction project in Africa next summer.
An auction will be held at the college to raise funds on December 1 with guest auctioneer David Palmer, from TV’s Cash in the Attic, Bargain Hunt and Flog It!
So far, the students have accumulated �4,000 for Habitat for Humanity project in Malawi through quiz nights, discos, sponsored head-shaving and cake sales.
This will be the third project the sixth form has taken part in, following successful trips to Zambia and Romania.
More than 50 lots are on offer in the auction, with a six-day South African safari up for grabs.
Other lots include a football signed by the Manchester United team, a dinner for eight at the cathedral with the Bishop of Ely and the chance to have a professional chef cook for you and your guests in your own home.
Doors open at 7pm with the auction starting at 7.30pm. Entrance is free and there will be a licensed bar. For a copy of the auction catalogue visit www.elycollege.com.
- 1 First visit not 'a flying success' but pub deserves second chance
- 2 Sanctuary Housing criticised over empty homes in Ely
- 3 Man facing eviction fears 'absolute disaster' despite council help
- 4 Person hit by train between Manea and Peterborough
- 5 Woman who twice ignored 'no fly tipping' signs faces two fines
- 6 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 7 Meet the boat hire firm aiming to become perfect 'stress-free' tonic
- 8 'Cuckooing' drug dealer caught with cocaine to the value of £3,670
- 9 Army assault course brought back to former glory at Waterbeach Barracks
- 10 Lorna’s successful plea to remove £3 shower charge for disabled visitors to The Hive
Anybody who would like to donate a lot should contact Mark Sirot-Smith on 01353 652818 or by e-mail email@example.com.