New Ely coffee shop has heritage at heart on Lancaster Way
- Credit: Archant
A new coffee house has opened in Ely with a vintage style décor giving a nod to the heritage of the area.
The Apex Coffee House, on Lancaster Way, has only been open a few weeks but it has welcomed hundreds of workers from the business park - and even a 1940s band. The wallpaper in the shop is quite unique too, featuring a picture of the former RAF Witchford airfield.
Joe Holland, manager, said: "Having a coffee house on site seemed like the perfect idea.
"So far we have had great feedback from people in the area, especially from the people who work on the site.
"We wanted to be in keeping with our local heritage, so the décor is a picture of the site from 1942.
"We also sell the RAF Witchford books."
A selection of gluten free wraps, salads and tasty cakes are on offer along with party platters which can be ordered from their Facebook page.
- 1 Have your say on proposed commercial development in Ely
- 2 Duke and Duchess of Cambridge arrive in Newmarket for Cambs County Day
- 3 Police alert fire service to motor home engulfed in flames
- 4 IN PICTURES: Wills and Kate visit Cambridgeshire's first County Day
- 5 This is YOUR town’s future says council – tell us what you think?
- 6 They're off - large crowds gather for Cambridgeshire County Day
- 7 Thief stole eight M&S steaks to the value of £120
- 8 Site cleared after 'grenade' prompts alarm
- 9 William and Kate unveil their first official portrait at Fitzwilliam Museum
- 10 Duke and Duchess of Cambridge heading to County Day
"If anyone has a special dietary requirement then we want to be able to help so we are looking into stocking different alternatives too," Joe added.
In the summer Apex is hoping to extend to an outdoor seating area and create a play area for children.
Visit them on social media to find out more.