Ely’s new cocktail bar 11a opens on Forehill
- Credit: Archant
Described as “the hippest new venue in town”, Ely’s new cocktail bar, lounge and kitchen 11a was officially opened last night by the city’s mayor and owner David Toulson-Burke.
Based at the top of Forehill and open seven days a week, chef Rob Haines leads the kitchen while Jody is front of house and barmen Callum and Daniel are in charge of cocktail making.
11a serves breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as hosting themed events on Friday and Saturday nights.
Cllr Hobbs said: “David has totally transformed the building into a very swish venue, they also do food and have a meeting room.
“He’s done a great job to transform the premises into a new attraction for the city.”
You may also want to watch:
The Ely Gin Company, who attended the launch, tweeted: “Really enjoyed the open evening @11aLounge #Ely last night, congratulations to the team. The whisky based cocktail for Burns Night was fabulous.”
Search @11aLounge on Twitter or 11a on Facebook for more information.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 7 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 8 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 9 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment